September 7, 2014
Help us at the Plowshare tent, Sunday September 7th in Elmwood Park. See the new park and support the rights of GLBT community. We need volunteers between 10 AM – 7 PM. Please contact Polly, 540-598-1118 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a two hour (preferable) time slot. Thank you! Afternoon hours available.
September 21, 2014
A global cease fire is called every September 21st. Hold the peace in your heart and community. Plan an event and share with others. Plowshare is planning a gathering and will update. Please see the background information from the U.N. here: http://www.un.org/en/events/peaceday/
We will gather in Smith Park to meet each other and imagine a cease fire of all weapons across the Earth. Imagine the Silence. Create a space for peace in your heart and together as we share music and potluck refreshments. Bring your project or service for peace.
- 2 PM Opening ceremony to call in the four corners;
- Drum Circle
- ongoing music, yoga and art
- Sharing resources on social justice, and how you create peace
- 5 PM Circle with everyone for song and then silence
- For more details contact Polly; email@example.com
- Please note: limited parking on one way vehicle side of Wiley drive. Please use the back lot of Ramada Inn if needed. It’s just a short, meditative, and beautiful peace walk back to the park!